You may have noticed in my sidebar that May 6th-13th is your chance to get a whole collection of ebooks on Natural Fertility at a savings of 92%. I am a contributing author to the bundle and make a percentage of the sales. You can read my disclosure here.
The grass is growing, the sun is streaming in windows, sweatshirts are being traded in for t-shirts…warmth has finally returned to the North Country— and when I received my advance collection of ebooks from the Natural Fertility Bundle, the first book I opened was this:
Uhm, yeah. For those of you who don’t know my husband, let me explain something: our home is not a home without ice cream. (hello, the nieces and nephews even call him Uncle Ice Cream.) But, actually, it’s not just my husband, it’s the whole Metzler crew.
Soon after our wedding we invited some family up to visit. Amos wanted to have ice cream and I said we had some. What I meant by “some” was an entire half gallon. He looked in the freezer and immediately left for town, coming back with 2 more half gallons. I thought he was a little excessive.
Turns out the Metzler family thinks “having ice cream” means everyone eating multiple bowls full. Sometimes in place of dinner.
Growing up they made homemade ice cream in this enormous White Mountain hand-crank freezer, and, well, it was homemade ice cream so you had to eat it all.
Old habits die hard.
My only struggle was that I greatly dislike all the added ingredients in most store-bought ice cream. Like…
• DIETHYLGLYCOL: A cheap chemical used as an emulsifier instead of eggs. It is also the same chemical used in antifreeze and paint removers.
• PIPERONAL: Used in place of vanilla. This chemical is used to kill lice.
• ALDEHYDE C-17: Used to flavor cherry ice cream. It is an inflammable liquid also used in aniline dyes, plastic and rubber.
• ETHYL ACETATE: Used to give ice cream a pineapple flavor – and as a cleaner for leather and textiles; its vapors have been known to cause chronic lung, liver and heart damage.
• BUTYRALDEHYDE: Used in nut-flavored ice cream. It is also used as an oil paint solvent.
• AMYLACETATE: Used for its banana flavor. It is also used as an oil paint solvent.
• BENZYL ACETATE: Used for its strawberry flavor. It is a nitrate solvent.
-from Just Making Ice Cream
10 Reasons to Make Your Own Ice Cream
My problem is no more. This lovely little book (filled with mouth-watering photographs) has nourishing ice cream recipes, and as a bonus, everything you ever wondered about frozen desserts. (what’s the difference between sorbet and sherbet? What makes something a gelato or french-style?)
There are also tips and tricks to making your ice cream the best you’ve ever tasted and even five ways to make it without an ice cream freezer! This is definitely a happy-summer-book.
On that same note, the bundle also contains an ebook that I have been eyeing for quite some time:
There are multitudes of excellent herbs available to aid in fertility… but sometimes taking them can be a drudge. I am flipped-out excited to try some of these yummy-looking recipes this summer.
There are also issue-specific smoothie recipes for thyroid issues, PCOS, Endometriosis, male issue infertility and more.
My blender gets a lot of use during the summer months and now, hopefully, those fruit-filled icy drinks can be beneficial to my health as well.
Let’s just say that I’m looking forward to a fruity-creamy-sweet-summer!
–> To read more about the Natural Fertility Ebook Bundle, click here. <–
Tell me: What is your favorite cool-summer-treat?