**disclosure: affiliate links present. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
As with any list, every book here may not be helpful to you. Many were just what I needed, some I included because while they did little for me, others have shared how greatly they were impacted by them. You will quickly find that most are faith-based and there is a reason for that. As a Christian, I believe there is a unique way to look at trials in life– and I naturally turn to others who are also looking to God for answers.
This is not a list of books that offer ways to get pregnant, but rather, ways to deal with infertility from in the middle.
1. Hannah’s Hope: seeking God’s Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss // no matter where you are in your journey, this book will have nuggets of truth and encouragement for you
2. Naturally Knocked Up // a great resource of nutritional information to aid in fertility
3. Pain Redeemed: when our deepest sorrows meet God // my own journey through infertility and loss. A unique look at how God works in and through pain and willingly brings redemption. Includes a personal study guide.
4. Keeper’s Book: Infertility // a collection of stories about infertility, miscarriage, and loss
5. Surviving Infertility: What the Bible Says about Your Baby Hunger // a study guide through Scripture and infertility
6. One Thousand Gifts // because no matter what kind of pain you face, learning the art of giving thanks will bring new joy
7. Empty Womb, Aching Heart // because sometimes we just need a quiet place where we know someone understands
8. Dancing Upon Barren Land // prayer, Scripture reflections, and hope
9. Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both our Hearts and our Minds // because the Bible is really the most wonderful of comforts– but it can be overwhelming
10. Nothing to Hold but Hope // a beautiful memoir, full of encouragement and grace.
11. A Grief Observed // this classic by C.S. Lewis is still one of the greatest looks at the problem of pain
12. Baby Hunger // Biblical encouragement for those struggling with infertility
13. Dear God, Why Can’t I Have a Baby? // hope for those in need of direction, encouragement, and companionship
14, Pregnant with Hope: Good News for Infertile Couples // for those who face a crisis of faith during infertility
15. Best of 999 Reasons to Laugh at Infertility // because sometimes we just need to pull ourselves together and laugh
16. Infertility: A Silent Struggle and a God who Hears // for the days when you just wonder where He is
17. Bittersweet // though not about infertility directly, this book takes a look at how there are splinters of light, even in the darkest of nights
18. Water from the Rock: Finding God’s Comfort in the midst of Infertility // truths to comfort
19. How My Soul Yearns // a personal memoir of how God took the author through infertility and beyond
20. The Bible Jesus Read // most specifically, the chapters on Job and Psalms. A fresh look on what the Bible has to say about pain and suffering
21. These Strange Ashes // the story of Elisabeth Elliot’s first year on the mission field. This book taught me so much about trusting God’s hand– even when we can’t see what He is doing.
22. God is Just Not Fair // for the days when the questions pile up– and you need some straight answers.
23. Every Bitter Thing is Sweet // because even through the bitter, hurting days– God is working.
24. The Sweet Side of Suffering // a beautiful look at personal and Biblical accounts of suffering– and God’s faithfulness in the midst.
25. You’re Going to Be Okay // encouraging truths for the hardest of days
Do you know of any books that should be on this list? Leave a comment and I’ll look into them!
Have you a written a book that you’d like to see on this list? Contact me!